Sunday, February 5, 2017

Too long

I feel like it has been sooooo long since I have been on here and in a way it has.  Yesterday I opened my facebook page to read....6 years ago.  It was February 4, 2011 that I had my allergic reaction to my blood transfusion and almost died in Metro Hospital in front of my husband and my mom.....

That same day, February 4, 2017 I was asked to speak for the IF GATHERING at evergreen ministries in Hudsonville.  I said yes.  This is a huge blessing to me to be able to speak and God continues to open the doors.  NOT BECAUSE OF ME, BUT ALWAYS BECAUSE OF HIM.

I love the phrase, may all I say and do, point to YOU oh Lord.  Life isn't about us.  I am just so thankful to Him for times of opportunity to maybe touch just one person and maybe give them hope that can be found in the Lord.  It is always petrifiying and I am scared.....BUT through HIS STRENGTH, HIS POWER, I can do all things.

1. I believe I started speaking first in Guatemala in 2015 thanks to Jen Degraff for pushing me out. 
2. Then I spoke for our church's youth group and based it on the Rich young ruler found in Mark 10:17-31, Matthew 19:16-30....I had everything the "WORLD" tells you, you need.  And yet I was still miserable.  I didn't KNOW what I was missing.....the missing piece was Jesus who brought me PEACE. Earthly things will NEVER fill the void that Jesus can.
3. Then I spoke my testimony at the conference grounds during special needs week, when Given the challenge to share your ROMANS 8:28 story....I gave mine and I was the first one to speak, it lead to the doors of many more to come and tell theirs!
4. Pastor Bob from Immanuel asked me to speak again at their church and give my Romans 8:28 again.  I said ABSOLUTELY!!! My family all had tickets to the tigers game, but I said no way.  God opened this for me, and I must obey.
5. I then spoke on Moody radio, and was interviewed by Perry on the morning show.
6. Then a lady from South Carolina called me and I did a podcast which was fun and different :)
7. This December (2016) pastor JR Pitman asked me to come on his station on Ignite radio here in Grand Rapids.
6. Last night I spoke at Evergreen Ministries.

If you would have told me 6 years ago that I would be speaking in churches, radios, podcasts, and bible studies, I would have laughed out loud and said "ya right!!! NO WAY!!!!" Not me.  Who am I....Who am I that the Lord of all the earth, would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt, and come to be the savior of my life.  Oh Jesus......how I love you.

This morning the sermon was on Mark 4:35-41.  Oh how I love how GOD enters our lives in the storms to quiet the waters....IF we wake Him up and He doesn't always answer the way we want Him too but He promises to NEVER leave us.  He never left me even when I was sooooo confused, so tired of trying to live, and wondering why.....What was this purpose.

It all is soooo clear!!!!

http://www.amyjbennett.com/?s=lisa+jongsma






No comments: