Friday, April 15, 2011

Hi all, Steve here.....learning how to face book and blog! i don't know what is more stressfull, facebook or blog! ;-) or caring for Lisa in this procedure. It has been a long few days. ups and downs. I believe Murphy is our best freind as always. (that being murphy's law) Lisa has had a good Wenesday and things looked good. Walking the hallways, eating her meals, having bowol movements.....etc.... Thursday was a step back. We started the day with a lot of pain, hic-ups causing pain to the stomach and turning into back up of the intestines. Lisa's stomach swelled inches in a matter of hours and the pain increased dramatically. She started dry heaving and vomitting all afternoon causing much more pain. It was the worst thing I had to watch in a long time. All she kept asking for is prayers...."please facebook everyone for prayers" that is when I showed her the emails of over 100 of you that have responded today with prayers are coming!!! thank you all soooo much. I have been on the giving end of prayers and wondered if this makes a difference....... being on the receiving end let me tell you___it DOES! Please keep it up!! Thank you sooo much!!! Back to facts----Lisa is having common problems with this type of surgery. Collapse of the lungs--due to laying down for surgery and after surery. Intestine problems--- doc's pushed alot of stuff around while they were in there.....and yeah, organs don't like being touched! It will take time to work through these problems and strength to over come them. we are hopefull that Lisa can keep positive and focused to get through this. She is mentally, physically at her ends and just wants this to be done...... now..... but we have to ride this boat to the dock.... I keep telling her there is no jumping off now!!!! It is hard work both for patient and me... I can not stand to watch suffering, but I know it is part of the recovery package. The main blessing is in the big picture.....her shunt is working perfectly and diverting the high pressure from the one system but also flowing through the liver!!! Praise the Lord. This is what we have asked for!.... I know we have a long road ahead of us, and again I (Steve) want to thank all of you, friends and family for all the support you have given!! I have never in my life felt so much love and support than now. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! I had hoped that we would be back home this weekend, but I think todays setbacks may add a day or two to our stay in detroit. I will keep doing my best on updates please call, email or text if I have left any one out....... Again, thank you all soooo much! Praise be to God, and his will be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Verna said...

Thanks for all the updates! Still praying!

Brandi said...

Thanks for the update Steve! I am so glad she has you by her side! Hang in there Lisa....this will be worth it! Many prayers, much love!

Brandi

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates! So happy to hear things are going well other than a few setbacks! I will continue to pray for you all, especially Lisa!!

Jacki said...

Thank you for updating us Steve! You are a strong man for taking such good care of your wife! Tell Lisa she is on my mind daily and I am constantly sending up prayers for her! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for healing for Lisa and for strength for all her care-givers. We are thinking of you.

Aunt Joyce and Uncle Kelly

Unknown said...

A glowing testimony of God's Care through His People's prayers of intercession. Thank you for updating, we will keep lifting you each to the Lord