Monday, June 1, 2009

Letter of Thanks to so many!!!

Dear family and Friends,
I cannot tell you enough how grateful and blessed I am because of you all! What I have been through over the past 2 weeks has been unexplainable in so many ways, and has changed my life forever. I am home, I have returned to being a wife and mother, and tonight I am soooo tired! :) I am trying to take it slow but I think most of you know that is impossible for me, plus, I have 2 little ones that run more than I do!

It feels great to be home and I feel so blessed to have my army of warriors out there praying for me! It worked and God does answer prayers b/c I am proof of it! The Dr.'s were all amazed at the last CT scan and are amazed at how great things looked. The surgeon told me when we were leaving that I am lucky. I think I have a better word for that and it is all b/c of you! I couldn't have made it without all of you praying for me, for holding me up when I was at my lowest, and honestly, I didn't know if I would be seeing anyone again.

Am I "fixed"? No. Do I have something wrong with me? Yes. Am I on my blood pressure meds, blood thinner injections, and more? Yes. But the big hurdle is out of the way and hopefully over time, my body will return to normal. I have a year of tests and lots of blood work, but hopefully with close monitoring, I won't have to have any more surgeries.

Words cannot explain how much I felt your arms around me and the love of the Lord through all of you. It is something that I have never felt so strongly before. Last thursday night something just happened, it was like a light switch inside of me, and all of a sudden my pain went away. After that, the Dr's came with the great news that I could go home, that we didn't have to do surgery again. I cried and cried tears of joy, tears of gratefulness, tears of thanks to the good Lord above. I am crying right now just thinking about it! God is soooooo good!

Thank you, thank you for all you have done. For all of your thoughts and prayers. I could have never made it without you.
Please, share this with anyone you know that has lifted my name in prayer and tell them Thankyou!
I love you all!

Lisa (Steve, Karlie, and Luke) Jongsma

2 comments:

Dawn V V said...

I have been praying and wondering how you are, it sure looks like our Lord has HIS hand on you. I will continue to pray for you. You are a special young woman!
Hugs from Aunt Dawn
(Andrea's auntie)

Brandi said...

Awesome Lisa! I am so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery! You won't know the "why" of why this happened to you until that day you are with the Lord- but, in the mean time God has plans, and it has changed your life in such a good way- I am sure! If nothing else you learned how strong of a person you are and the power of a ton of prayers! :) God Bless!