Friday, May 29, 2009

I praise you Lord for I am fearfully and wonderfully made!

I have an amazing new appreciation for the body the Lord has given us all. It is crazy! The things we can do and the ways the body works all together is infathomable to me. I have learned so much in so many ways. When you are diagnosed and become ill with something, you immediately go through so many different emotions. For a long time your life is spent on a rollercoaster, so much of it is unknown at first, you don't know what to do. For over a year now I have struggled to find answers, now I believe we are coming close to the end and it sends an amazing peace, a sense of freedom, a sigh of relief, and tears of Joy. For the past 2 months I have experienced "the other side" to my life being a patient:
  • had a liver biopsy
  • upper endoscopy
  • colonoscopy
  • 2 more upper endoscopies involving rubber banding of the large veins in my esophagus with more to come in the next months
  • swallowed a camera pill
  • had 4 CT's
  • had 2 Ultrasounds
  • 3 MRI's
  • spent 41/2 hours in a cathlab suite with laproscopic canulization (rotor ruder)of my portal vein and embolization of my varices
  • been sedated for hours and a total of 7 times
  • spent 9 nights and 11 days in a hospital
  • literally slept away days of my life without ever getting out of bed

The Doctors are all speechless at how busy and active I have been before this without knowing that all this "stuff" was going on inside my body, my body was in panic mode inside without me even knowing it and created a whole new defensive system to keep me alive. Isn't that amazing!

It seems like a terrible dream to me. Something that hopefully will be in my past now, something that will fade away into a distant memory. I can move on with my life, my children ( I cannot wait to come home to you and be your mom agian!!!) I cannot wait to be Lisa, (wife,mother,sister,daughter,friend). I am on a mission everyone. Look out, Lisa is ALIVE, I am well, and I am going to live like no other! I love who I am, the Lord has made me perfectly in His eyes and therefore I rejoice!!!!!! Thank you Lord, I am on my knees with thankfulness and praise for making me and holding my hand through this all!!!!!

2 comments:

Ames said...

Lisa. I'm speechless but there's tracks on my face from where the joyful tears are falling...

AMEN!

Brandi said...

Amen, Lisa!