Sunday, January 24, 2016

God is Good

I can't believe how quickly life can go.....Ecclesiastes 1 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.“Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.” What do people gain from all their labors at which they toil under the sun?.....translates: Life is but a vapor a mere mist and then it is gone.  The older you get, the more true that becomes.  What are you here for?  What do you live for?  Who directs your life and your daily decisions.

This past year I ventured out of my comfort zone after studying suffering for the past 4 years and really digging into what happened to me, the questions I asked, and the answers I have found, digging and searching and reading and reading.....all pointed to the same conclusion.....What are you going to do about it????  The bible is filled with so many testimonies and how do we know that?  They tell us.  Well....I need to do the same.  Don't waste your suffering, God allows trials in our life to be used.  Mark 5:19 "Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”

It started in February 2015 in Guatemala.  God revealed Himself in BIG ways there and I couldn't help but look into the crowd of people that cant even understand me and want more for them....For them to see and know Jesus.  So I stood up and I don't really remember what I said, I was crying through the entire thing but it went something like this:  "my name is lisa, and although you don't know me, and I don't know what all of your names are, there is one that does.  The God that made the stars and moon above us tonight sees you and knows your name.  I was 30 years old and had everything I wanted...a new house, a new car, a great job, husband and kids.  I was still unhappy. And then God revealed himself to me. Not in a way that I wanted, and I suffered greatly for 3 years, but instantly all of that "stuff" became meaningless.  God changed my life forever during that time."

Then again, God prompted and opened the doors for me to speak to our youth group at church.  I based my story off Mark 10 and the rich young ruler.  I told the kids that I had it all just like this man did in the story.  I was rich, (if you compare yourself to the world income I was beyond rich!!!) maybe not in the eyes of the world and what they say is rich, but you know what I mean.....I should have been happy and I should have had nothing to complain about.  I had all the "things" that were necessary to be considered complete: married, great job, nice cars, new home, kids (one boy, one girl makes the perfect family right? HA! I hate that one when people say that!!!) yet....empty.  Until God reached down and redeemed my life and I was remade, I truly have been "born again" and feel like I should be called a new name :)  Life is now amazing and filled with soooooo much joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and its not in the form of earthly items it is because I have found God!!!  He give me all that I need.  He is with me always.  His word became alive and real.  I can say with complete confidence that I cannot wait to see and meet my savior.  I am new inside and out.

Then again......God prompted and opened more doors.  I kept praying "God whatever you want me to do, I will do it.  May ALL I say and do point others to you!" and this past summer the pastor there at the camp ground (we just "happened" to pick this week) encouraged the campers to share their 8:28 stories....Romans 8:28 says: And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose....I got weak in the knees and stood up again.  God gave me the courage.  I pray all the time for boldness and courageous heart to do whatever He wants me too.  To listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and when He speaks to act on it!!!  So scary and yet sooooo good to speak of His amazing love and goodness.  Thoughout the rest of the week at the camp, MANY came up and forward and I saw that I encouraged them to also stand up and speak of Gods goodness.  Little simple ol me.....Just a girl....Nothing more....but encouraging others!!!  By Gods power, not mine!!!

Then again....A few months later I received a call from that same pastor that was at the camp ground that summer and he was now wondering if I would tell of my story again to his congregation.  Without hesitation I said absolutely!!!!  And then I hung up the phone and panic hit. :) I got nervous I was so worried....Suddenly I could feel satan try to take control filling me with thoughts : Why would you do this Lisa?  What makes you so special?  Your gonna make a fool of yourself.  You can't do this....There are people you will know this time in the audience....what are they going to think of you?  I am not kidding the day before I was scheduled to speak I FELT a huge black cloud over me.  I was gripped with fear.  I have never felt before.  So I sent out a message to my prayer warriors and I started walking around my job speaking out loud to satan to leave me.  Jesus himself when tempted by satan spoke to him,  Jesus uses God’s word to combat Satan’s temptations and therefore so should we!!!  Satan often attacks us through our thoughts, so when we keep those pure then he cannot get a foothold. Hanging out with good friends and family that uphold godly characteristics and attitudes is also important in defeating the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:11 "put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil."

I felt peace after that....I know that satan had left because I could feel it.  But it required me to take my thoughts captive and put on the truth of God and His promises.  I am not special on my own, God sees that I am special, and I speak not to point to me, but to point it all to Him!!!

I did go to that church.....I still sit here and wonder HOW DID I DO THAT????  I didn't.  God did.  I could have NEVER done that without Him and His power.  So.....if you want to see it, go on youtube and type in my name: Lisa Jongsma and it will lead you to Gods story in my life.
Anyways, what I have found by SPEAKING of the valleys, it has brought tremendous emotional healing into my heart and soul.  I am now able to speak of it without crying....well... maybe :) because its a story given to me by God that reveals so much about Him.  Now I find that I can't help but WANT to tell of it because it wouldn't be a story to be told without the healing power of God.

This past month I have been VERY sick.  Nothing like my disease but just the common casualty of the flu, bronchitis and laryngitis.  Oh man did Satan try to come back and win me over.  He is a sneaky guy, an evil snake that will do whatever he can to snake his way into our thoughts.  So I dug into Psalms.....LOVE my application study bible.  By the end of week 2 home in bed and never leaving....I could describe myself as: Burned out, Distressed, Like quitting, and Sad.  This lead me to Psalm 6: Be merciful on me, Lord, for I am faint. I am worn out, my eyes weak with sorrow  Psalm 34: I sough the Lord and He answered me, He always hears, and acts on behalf of those that love him.  God will deliver you from all your troubles.  The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  Psalm 43: You are God my stronghold, guide me, Put your hope in God for I will praise Him. Psalm 63: God alone satisfies our deepest longings, I will sing and I will praise you as long as I live....Soooo many more.  I discovered that something happens in your SOUL when Gods word becomes experienced and He reveals even more of Himself in those times.  He was so good to me the past 3 weeks and helped me refocus and redirect my thoughts on the good!!! My home, my bed, my pillows, my warmth, medicines, my kids and husband who were amazing!!! my friends who brought me meals and texts and cards, that I WASN'T in the hospital again, I DON"T have cancer or something else....This too Lisa will pass....Cling to God always. 

Anywho.....I thought I should write.  Its been WAY too long and God is Good!!! ALL THE TIME!!!!

Next CT scan coming up in March!!! 5 year by-pass check up and I will be going to see my surgeon in Detroit. :)  5 years of life given, thanks be to God.



No comments: