Sunday, September 14, 2014

Saying goodbye to Injections.....Please!!!

Last night was hopefully my last injection after over 3,000 of them, over the past 5 years when it all began.  I have to admit that I am alittle nervous, alittle worried, and aprehensive to even begin something new.  Last time the drs put me on an Oral, Coumadin, it failed and I reclotted some of my veins.  I DON"T have that option this time.  I don't want to clot my new bypass or clot a different vein b/c to be honest with you, I don't have that many veins left to clot and if they do, it will be time to really get creative....pulling veins from different body parts....I really don't even want to think about it.

My kids both got to inject me one last time, Luke, then Karlie and they both were SOOOOO happy, Karlie even had tears in her eyes and was overwhelmed with emotions.  I never knew it bothered them.  I guess for the past 5 years I just dug in, I don't have a choice, inject or die.  I guess I put myself in the shoes of all the diabetics out there that have to inject themselves all the time and you "kinda" get used to it.  Does it hurt?  Absolutely.  Do I have a bruised waist all the time? YUP.  Do I have hard rocks of scar tissue underneath my skin from injecting over and over in the stomach? YUP but its never bothered me.  I just do it.  Like my surgeon always tells me, I should be the girl on the Nike commercials b/c my moto always is: Just do it.  I have no other choice.  I could complain and grumble and be angry, but what good is that gonna do me or anyone else?  Its my way of life.  I adapted.

I sure hope this works....I heard some bad things (side affects) from this new drug and I am going to be positive and hope that I am different.  Every drug reacts differently to every person.  I just don't have any from the injections.  Our insurance changed and I have been paying $200/mo out of pocket for injections.  There is a new drug on the market and its oral, and it doesn't require all the blood draws like coumadin, and it is $40 a month.  My hematologist told me I could try.  I was given the option about 6 months ago but then our inurance was different and my injections were $15 and the new oral was $80 so I decided to keep on the injections b/c I KNOW it works, and I DON"T have any side effects "why mess with something if it ain't broke".  Well.....Maybe now things are different and I have to give it a try.  To not inject 2 times every day!  That would be awesome!!!  Saving $160 month awesome!! Its definitely worth a try...If I don't like it, I can always go back.

So lets keep praying to our great Lord that this is the plan that works.  If not, I am ok with it.  I will go back.  I have nothing to lose....at least lets pray not.

Its been a GREAT summer and I have had an amazing time with my family.  Probably the best one that I will ever have in my life!  My kids are wonderful and at such fun ages and they still want me!!! We went camping several times to the Conference Grounds and OakGroove, we went to Mullet Lake near the Mackinaw bridge for a week in a cottage with friends, we went to Brooks lake for a week in a cottage with family, discovered the fun of fishing, the kids saw Mackinaw bridge and we went over, the weather was amazing (cool, low70-80s) water temp was FREEZING and the kids swam in it a few times, but thankful for the pools and that they could ride bikes, play on the playgrounds, go to the parks and actually PLAY on the equipment b/c it wasn't so hot.  I loved it!  I treasure every moment with my kids and hubby.  We actually took FAMILY vacations, hubby included.  I savor every moment b/c I know that too quickly they will be gone.....anyone of us could be, ya never know.  My relationship with the Lord has grown soooo much, I even cried the other day in unexplainable comprehension of how much my life has changed because of HIM.  I couldn't imagine it any other way!!!  To see the person I was, grieve that person and who she was, and how unhappy she was....to the Lisa today!!!  oh man, its just the most amazing thing ever and its all b/c of the GRACE OF GOD!!!  It can happen to anyone of us at any time, and it is my sincere prayer for everyone I know and don't know that God somehow, someway, opens their eyes too if they are not already.  Life isn't a bowl of cherries but life is so much better b/c you have HIM.  He is all that matters.  Worldliness, materialism, image, "stuff" all starts to fade.....Its a beautiful thing!!!


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE KNOW!