Monday, June 4, 2012

SECRET MILLIONARE

Last night we watched the show "secret Millionaire"...I do not watch very much television, but once in awhile, I feel like I better spend some time with my husband on the couch :) I don't mind watching that show because the episodes all carry the same theme and that is: Money does NOT bring happiness and these millionaires set out on this journey thinking THEY are going to help out all these people in need (donating their money)and in turn THEY are the ones that probably take away the most from the whole experience b/c they realize how shallow they are and so far from reality with life and that their "stuff" really doesn't matter.

It brought me back to the happiest time in my whole life. Life in the farm house of 2011. Yes, it is true, I LOVED that place! It was the year we sold our 1st home and moved into a cute little rental. The house is very old and sits on 40 acres. We had the bottom half and a single lady lived upstairs. It was ONE, repeat, ONE bedroom and one bathroom and maybe 600sq feet? (needless to say, it was small for a family of 4). But I LOVED every minute of it. It was peace. It was homey and sooo cute!! It was a place where bonds and memories were made. We lived in close quarters and shared rooms, mom and dad slept on the sunroom/porch and Karlie and Luke shared the only bedroom, filled with 2 beds, and 2 dressers, but we were completely content. We had everything that we needed.

Don't get me wrong, I love my new home and it is definitely the place the Lord has intended for us to live for a very long time without a doubt, but with ANY and EVERY new home comes needing and wanting "more stuff". The yard isn't finished, the landscaping was overgrown after 8 years of abandonment and now is completely gone, Steve would like to build another garage (we have no room to put all our stuff!!! our new rider lawnmower, the dirtbikes, the toys, the bikes, tools, yard equipment, trailer...) the deck needs to be replaced as it is warping and weathered, the porch needs some updating, wouldn't it be nice to have a pool, hottub....MORE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want anymore stuff!! The bigger the home, the more stuff you need, the more stuff you want and the more stressed you get b/c it all costs more money and it feels like a never ending cycle. Your work is NEVER done! When we rented that cute little farm house, it cost us a whole $400/mo with all utilities. We had nothing to worry about, no yardwork, no landscaping to do, limited rooms for decoration and accumulated stuff. I am amazed at how stupid this whole cycle really is and how many people ruin their lives for it. What really matters in their life? They Want and "HAVE TO HAVE" the bigger house, the new cars, the clothes, the "in" stuff and technology, so they can have the bigger toys, more stuff, then they have to work more hours or pick up another job, or cut here and there, stress out because the ends are NOT being met and bills are piling high, the more stress causes you to become a person of discontentment, discontentment brings about envy, jealousy, and evil, which brings Satan exactly where he wants to be!!! All for pursuing the "great life" to impress people that really don't care about you!!! Haaa!!! I am sure that if you make it to the glorious day of meeting the Lord He will really care about what house you lived in and all your "stuff" .

Again I am not saying there is anything wrong with a nice house, nice stuff, but check your heart and check your motive....Whats steering you?
I love being in our home and I love being in the woods with quietness...Peacefullness. I must admit though that I sometimes wish I could go back to my little farm house. I don't need this house, all the room, all the stuff, all the more work, all the more things to buy and finish....I just want to stay and do nothing. Can I? I am going to try my best to take it to the Lord and be content in all that I have...Is this the place we will stay forever? Only the good Lord knows that answer...I may just have to sell everything one day and move!

No comments: