Thursday, January 7, 2010

MAJOR REVELATION! 1-7-2010

Oh my word, I don't even know where to start today. Should I be joyfull, exstatic, or angry??? Let me explain what has unravelled the past few days.

On Monday I went to work. I work in CT as most everyone knows. I wanted to scan myself to see how bad and severe my clots indeed were as the Radiologist had said leaving us the week before at U of M. So, I called my primary to get a "real" CT ordered b/c I needed to inject myself. I had it done and low and behold, it shows my Portal Vein wide open! The CT actually looks almost the same as it did last month. What? So I ran down to Ultrasound and had my friends scan me there just to confirm the flow and open Portal Veins. A radiologist came in too to confirm that yes, indeed everything looked great!

Do you know what this means????!!!!! I am scheduled to have those "clots" taken out on the 21st at U of M. They told me that my Portal Vein was so bad that I needed to get them out ASAP. I have been filled with Fear, worry, anxiety, sleepless nights, torment and lost at the knowledge to know what to do b/c I was given so many conflicting options. I cancelled the banding of my veins in my esophagus b/c the Radiologist told me he would take care of them from the inside during the procedure. I have been on the phone with soooooo many physicians this week trying to make sense of this all. Before this even happened!

Now...I called my friend Dr. Knox an interventional radiologist that I work with at Holland, he also did my first liver biopsy,at home last night. Told him what had been going on b/c the last I left him with, he thought I was getting a TIPS shunt. He told me that there is NO way I was that clotted a week ago and completely open now. Granted I am on 2 shots of blood thinners a day, but there is NO way they could help that much. Get that CD(the venogram they did during my 2nd biopsy there at u of m, this is a test in which shows the clots if there) and my team will go over the CT done on Monday and the Venogram with you and we will see what actually is going on and what we think. Do NOT have a recannalization (scheduled on the 21st at u of m) if your CT looks like it did when I looked at your last one with you did. (it does).

So, what does this mean?????
1. I had a complete miracle. Which I am not at all denying the amazing ability of my great Lord to do, and all the prayers being sent up on my behalf, I do believe Miracles still happen daily.
2. They were looking at my collaterals??? (yes these are still clotted, these are accessory veins that took over when my portal vein was clotted, but they are no longer needed b/c my portal vein is open so really we don't care if they are. They probably have been for a long time)
3. I probably wont need anything done on the 21st.
4. This is all great news!!!!! Praise the Lord and praise the Lord that I work in the medical field and take the steps he tells me in my heart to do, like giving myself a CT!!!! All the Dr's I work with to give me all their opinions, all my friends at work to scan me and help me! All my friends in the fileroom to call around to Hospitals to get my reports, CD's sent....Thank you Lord for my job!!!!!!!!

I immediately emailed my surgeon at U of M to tell him what I had discovered. He didn't say a whole lot except that it was good news. "Get me that CD of that CT" so it should be arriving there today. "I will show it to Dasika(the U of M rad that does all my procedures)" Then "we can always come up with some other unnecessary procedure to do on you." (haha) I told him that was NOT funny. Do you honestly think Mike (my surgeon, he is my age and he wants to be called that) that in ONE week the anticoagulants could have done this? "its possible" he said. NO way! No one else agrees.

So, I obviously am filled with Joy and yet, what the heck is going on! I am beginning to be filled with doubt even more and every little step my physicans say or do! This is crazy! Do you know what I have gone through emotionally the last week thinking that I am about to die and that I am so filled with blood clots again? Every physician wanting to do a different thing about it?!!!! Talk about STRESS!! No wonder I gained 30pds! (just kidding:) But I have been eating like a crazy nut so don't be surprised if it indeed happens! :)

I will keep you posted! I am soooo anxious to hear news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rachael Brinks said...

Lisa, this is great news and indeed an answer to prayer. I hope it continues to go in a positive direction!! Praise the Lord.