Monday, January 11, 2010

GOD IS BIGGER THAN YOUR PROBLEM

Have you ever been to church and had a sermon speak to you in such an amazing way that you would swear it was the Lord speaking right to you??? This was the day for me. I arrived and it was a guest pastor. "oh great". (You know that is what you think, and I am so disappointed with myself for thinking that way, its just not the same without pastor Don!) But this time I was proven wrong, just like many times before.

The message "God is bigger than your problem". We all have them. That makes us normal right? I am sure glad to know that with all my problems that it actually makes me normal for once! :)

Whether it be a cheating spouse, addiction, relationship conflicts, family, kids, or your health, we all have something we are dealing with. I think if we say we don't, we are only lying to ourselves. We are not perfect and I am so glad that we aren't. Because that is what makes us all family and we should actually love each other more b/c of all our wacky problems and be there for each other! We should be able to cry on each others shoulders and support one another, what is your pain is mine. God calls us to LOVE. But instead we all want to act like we have it all together, and pretend that we don't have issues. Some out there sure can pull that off. They look good on the outside, they look perfect, but I know they aren't. I am not saying this to sound proud, but that is what sinful nature has given us, problems.

This message was so great, I am just going to leave the 5 points to save for myself b/c this is something I want to cheerish and keep. Obviously for me, it spoke to me the most about my health staring me currently right in the eye. My fear of the uncertain, my blood clots, this wierd disease that has come upon me. But I can use it for so many other things as well.

1.FACE YOUR PROBLEM- don't hide it, pretend it doesn't exist. Look at it head on.
2.BRING IT TO THE LORD IN PRAYER- constantly, never give up on the power of prayer!
3.RELY ON GODS PROMISES- my favorite one is Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me."
4.PRAISE GOD ALWAYS -I sometimes fail to do this one b/c I am feeling sorry for myself, and wonder why me? Instead of looking at all the blessings he has given me, I look at the things I don't want, the parts of me that aren't perfect, or the things I don't have, or feel depressed for struggling with my problems. I can ALWAYS find something to praise Him for, I just need to focus on that.
5.GOD WILL GIVE YOU PEACE

God is with me. He is holding my hand and he cries with me when I am sad. But he will never give up on me. My life is in his hands. That my friends is Peace!

No comments: