Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Update! We're at U of M again

Monday afternoon I became jaundice after my procedure with complications and my eyes, skin, and urine were very dark yellow/orange, buises covering my body. We were instructed by U of M to go immediately to the local ER. We spent monday night 8pm-Tuesday 10:00pm at Metro and no one was helping us. No one came to explain anything to us, we were being thrown all over between Dr.'s that had no clue about my situation, and Steve and I were both losing hope....It was crazy! We felt like no one was helping us and that no one knew what to do with me. Finally I called U of M agian from my hospital room and they called the hospital and had me transfered by ambulance back to U of M. I NEVER want to ride in an ambulance again! It was cold, very bumpy (the last thing you want when you are in pain), noisy, and even raining on the inside (yes we had a leaky one!)

We arrived here at U of M last night at 1-2am, and things are beginning to be hopeful again. The Doctors, nurses, EVERYONE has been so Awesome to me, so loving, so understanding with our frustration, and they have soooo many Dr's trying to solve the mystery. They do care here, they are doing all they can, I had an Ultrasound this morning, x-rays, lab work, different fluids to treat my jaundice, I have to have another CT, and I will be staying for sure yet tonight. The Doctors are all meeting around 5pm and we hope to have some more answers.

Please keep us in your prayers! I miss my kids so bad, I even have a"blankie"of Lukes to make me smile and comfort me, resembling both of them b/c my kids LOVE their blankies! This has definitely changed my life forever.
Love Steve and Lisa

2 comments:

Alex and Jen Dewitt said...

oh Lis~ I'm so sorry you have to be going through all this. You have such a strong faith and its a good thing you do! I cant imagine being away from the kids that much, but you need to do it to get yourself healthy. Prayers will be sent up for ya! Love ya!

DeLynn Unema said...

Hang in there Lisa and keep your chin up!! We are praying for you and God will watch over you always. I'm sorry for all of this unknown as that is SO scary. When you are scared and frustrated, just close your eyes and give it to God. Know that so many of us are praying for you so when you feel like you can't, it's okay. We've got you covered!! I hope you have answers and a plan soon - I'm sure that will help too. Thanks for the updates!! You can do this!!

Love, DeLynn